The graduation ceremony will be held on May 27, 2023, at 9:00 AM at Bailey Field.
The Graduation Ceremony takes place on Bailey Field.
Graduates will be walking on turf, which is not solid ground. For this reason, high heels and stilettos are discouraged.
For those being dropped off at the event, please utilize the first floor of the Zumwalt Parking Garage, Burbank Circle, or the west side of Parking Lot C.
There are no Covid protocols in place for the event: no masks, no social distancing, and no vaccine verification requirement.
GRADUATE CHECK-IN AND CEREMONY LINEUP
The graduation ceremony will be held on the Santa Rosa campus at Bailey Field Stadium.
Participants should check-in by 8:00 AM at the registration tables near the Bailey Field Food Kiosk dressed in their cap and gown.
At check-in, you will receive a Graduate Announcement Card to complete. This card is used to correctly pronounce your name when you receive your diploma case. Graduates will keep Graduate Announcement Cards with them as they form lines (double file) in the pathways between Bailey Hall and Garcia Hall. Line Monitors will assist you in finding your place in line. To sit next to another graduate during the ceremony, be sure to stand in front of, or behind that person in the line.
Important information regarding event attendance. Please read.
- Guests MUST HAVE A TICKET to attend the ceremony. Tickets will be required for each guest in attendance (except children under the age of 2 who will need to sit on a lap).
- Each Graduate may request up to five guest tickets for the event through the Bookstore beginning May 1, 2023. There is no charge for the tickets.
- Tickets must be picked up at the Bookstore no later than Saturday, May 13, 2023.
- Unclaimed tickets will be collected by the Bookstore and be made available through a waitlist beginning Monday, May 15, 2023.
- Graduates who need additional tickets will sign up on the ticket waitlist at the Bookstore when they claim their first five tickets and will indicate how many extra tickets they are requesting. The Bookstore will contact graduates on the waitlist starting on May 15th to begin the process of distributing any unclaimed tickets. If necessary, multiple rounds of extra tickets will be distributed equally, one ticket per round, across all graduates on the waitlist. This process will continue until all unclaimed tickets are distributed. Thank you in advance for your patience during this process.
- Graduates do not need a ticket.
- Guests with a ticket may access Bailey Field Stadium, no earlier than 7:30 am on Saturday, May 27, 2023. Enter through one of the three main gates at the northeast, southeast, and northwest entrances to the stadium.
- The ceremony will be live-streamed on YouTube for anyone who does not have a ticket. Check this page for the link to watch the event from the comfort of your home or on your personal device.
- The ceremony lasts approximately two hours.
Under the direction of ushers, Graduates rise a row at a time, file to the front of the stage, and present their Graduate Announcement Cards to college staff at the stage. Graduates move across to the President of the College and other college officials who will present a diploma cover and a handshake. Graduates will then have their official graduation photo taken and return to their seats. Ushers will be located nearby to direct students through this process, so do not be concerned. We have not lost anyone yet! Whether you attend the ceremony, or not, diplomas will be mailed to all graduates in early July.
If you are in need of seating accommodations, please contact Kimberly Starke at (707) 527-4278 by Friday, May 19, 2023. Families of those with seating accommodations will be seated together. Everyone who attends the graduation ceremony must have a ticket.
INCLEMENT WEATHER PLAN
In the event of inclement weather, the Graduation Ceremony will take place as planned. Guests, faculty, administrators, and students should dress appropriately for hot weather and bring umbrellas for rain or sun protection, if desired.
STADIUM SEATING, BALLOON BOUQUETS, LARGE SIGNS, & NOISEMAKERS
Due to the close proximity of other guests in the stadium seating area, please leave balloon bouquets and large signs at home or in the car until after the ceremony. Also, loud noisemakers such as air horns are highly discouraged. The stadium holds 3000 guests and everyone will be seated very close to one another
THERE IS NOT ENOUGH ROOM FOR BALLOON BOUQUETS AND LARGE SIGNS IN THE STADIUM SEATING AREAS. AIR HORNS ARE HARMFUL WHEN USED IN A CLOSE PROXIMITY TO OTHERS.
No standing is allowed in the aisles, stairways, or seating areas. Guests are not allowed on the field without permission. Please be respectful of everyone in attendance and follow the guidance of graduation staff.
LOCATION, DIRECTIONS, AND PARKING MAP:
Directions From the north:
Travel south on Hwy 101. Exit at College Avenue turnoff. At the traffic light, make a left turn onto College Avenue. Proceed eastbound on College Avenue to Mendocino Avenue. Turn left on Mendocino Avenue. At Pacific Avenue, turn left into the SRJC parking lot.
Directions From the south:
Travel north on Hwy 101. Exit at College Avenue turnoff. At the traffic light, make a right turn onto College Avenue. Proceed eastbound on College Avenue to Mendocino Avenue. Turn left on Mendocino Avenue. At Pacific Avenue, turn left and turn into the SRJC parking lot.
There are alternate parking areas available at Emeritus Student Parking lot and Bech Parking lot.
Door-to-door directions are available on Google Maps.
All campus parking lots are open and free during Commencement activities.
PDF map of Santa Rosa campus and event parking.
Questions or comments about this page may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.